TSP’s Commercial Property team, led by Stephen Firmin, a Fellow of the Agricultural Law Association, will work with you to address your specific business needs. Whether it is help with property ownership, management, development, acquisition or disposal that you need, our practical and constructive approach will enable you to focus on your business while we attend to the legal details.
The Commercial Property team represents a number of significant domestic and international clients, both directly, and in providing support on real estate aspects of corporate transactions led by the firm’s Corporate and Commercial team. In addition the team retains a core client base of regional businesses and organisations across a broad range of sectors, from retail and investment to agricultural.
They have extensive technical expertise in the handling of commercial and agricultural land and property acquisitions, disposals and related development transactions such as option and pre-emption agreements. Other areas of Commercial Property expertise include:
- Acquisition and disposal of all types of freehold and leasehold property for trading and / or investment
- Property development (including site acquisition, option and pre-emption agreements, planning issues, joint venture and other ownership structures, disposals)
- Grants and disposals of leases in all sectors, including mining and mineral leasing transactions
- Commercial mortgages and other secured finance arrangements including property based financing of corporate transactions
- General property ownership and management issues (including easements, overage arrangements, ownership structures, compulsory purchase, property management documentation)
Legal 500: In 2017 the firm’s Commercial Property team was ranked amongst the best in Essex. The Legal 500 said:
In commercial property, the ‘very capable’ firm Thompson Smith and Puxon has ‘an excellent team of top-flight lawyers providing proactive advice’, ‘specialist knowledge’ and is commended for ‘dealing with matters in a timely and upmost professional manner’. The ‘incredibly thorough’ team lead Stephen Firmin and associate solicitor Kerry Addison specialise in development and agricultural matters, supporting landowners, developers, housing associations as well as landlords and tenants regarding site transactions, land refinancing, agricultural tenancy, leases, and strategic land planning during rural housing projects. Commercial businesses are other clients, which the team advises on their property assets. Addison is recommended for her ‘excellent ability to structure development deals and her holistic advice’; she is ‘very practical, realistic as well as tenacious and patient in negotiations’. The third team member is solicitor Mark Rowlands, who handles commercial property transactions and leases as well as other matters in this field.
For more details or to arrange an initial consultation please do