TSP’s Commercial Property team, led by Stephen Firmin, a Fellow of the Agricultural Law Association, will work with you to address your specific business needs. Whether it is help with property ownership, management, development, acquisition or disposal that you need, our practical and constructive approach will enable you to focus on your business while we attend to the legal details.
The Commercial Property team represents a number of significant domestic and international clients, both directly, and in providing support on real estate aspects of corporate transactions led by the firm’s Corporate and Commercial team. In addition the team retains a core client base of regional businesses and organisations across a broad range of sectors, from retail and investment to agricultural.
They have extensive technical expertise in the handling of commercial and agricultural land and property acquisitions, disposals and related development transactions such as option and pre-emption agreements. Other areas of Commercial Property expertise include:
- Acquisition and disposal of all types of freehold and leasehold property for trading and / or investment
- Property development (including site acquisition, option and pre-emption agreements, planning issues, joint venture and other ownership structures, disposals)
- Grants and disposals of leases in all sectors, including mining and mineral leasing transactions
- Commercial mortgages and other secured finance arrangements including property based financing of corporate transactions
- General property ownership and management issues (including easements, overage arrangements, ownership structures, compulsory purchase, property management documentation)
The commercial property team at Thompson Smith and Puxon continues to reap in work from longstanding clients in the farming and agriculture sector and is proficient in handling high-value sales, acquisitions, and financing work. Practice head Stephen Firmin and Kerry Addison are both skilled in managing complex matters related to property disposals and development, displaying ‘utmost professionalism and even going the extra mile’.
In 2018 the Legal 500 said: “The ‘impressive, efficient, attentive-to-detail and competent’ commercial property department at Thompson Smith and Puxon, ‘one of the best firms in Colchester’, ‘runs a tight ship’ and ‘is fully up to speed with the law, but also well versed in the current property industry practice, demonstrating good judgement and pragmatism during negotiations’. Development site and agricultural land transactions, strategic land planning, lease work and enfranchisement matters represent the team’s core areas of activity. ‘Vastly knowledgeable’ Stephen Firmin, who is recommended for his ‘professional approach’, heads the practice, and ‘effective and sensible’ Kerry Addison was promoted to partner in March 2017. ‘Knowledgeable and helpful’ solicitor Mark Rowlands is the third key member of the team.”
For more details or to arrange an initial consultation please do