How can we help?
We offer advice and support covering:
- Divorce/ Dissolution of Civil Partnership
- Financial settlements and claims following the breakdown of a relationship
- Enforcement of Financial Orders
- Financial claims on behalf of a child
- Disagreements about children (such as the living or contact arrangements or specific issues such as disagreements regarding the child’s name, school, medical treatment or religion)
- Applications for Parental Responsibility
- Domestic abuse and family law injunctions
- Separation Agreements
- Pre or Post Nuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation Agreements
- Declarations of Trust and Agreements regarding how a property/ asset is owned
Fixed Fee appointments
We appreciate how stressful family law issues and disputes can be which is why we offer new clients a fixed fee appointment with one of our experienced family law solicitors – no surprises just understanding and support. Our guarantee is to provide you with clear and constructive advice, based on your needs and goals, to ensure you find the best possible outcome.
The initial fixed fee appointment is charged at £150 including VAT.
All further work will be carried out at your appointed solicitors hourly rate.
The Family law team at Thompson Smith and Puxon is based across both our Colchester and Clacton offices.
The TSP Family team has been a Leading Legal 500 team in Essex for a number of years. Team Leader Marcus Price is recommended for his work in this practice area. The Legal 500 said:
“The ‘impressive’ team at Thompson Smith and Puxon deals with all family law matters and is led by Clacton-based Marcus Price. The team undertakes a wide range of work spanning divorce proceedings, financial settlements, post-nuptial agreements, and private family law matters.
All our family law solicitors are members of Resolution, a community of family justice professionals who work with families and individuals to resolve issues in a constructive way. This means that we adhere to a Code of Practice that promotes a constructive approach to family issues and considers the needs of the whole family.
After an initial fact finding fixed fee appointment, we will provide you with a detailed, full cost estimate based on your individual circumstances.
Please note that we do not offer Legal Aid.
Booking a fixed fee appointment
To book your fixed fee appointment, simply contact the family team on: 01206 574431 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer socially distant face-to-face, telephone or video appointments.