As an employee or worker, you have a variety of statutory and contractual rights that define the legal relationship into which you entered with your employer or the business to whom you provide your services.
Due to the breadth of our firm and the experience of the members of the employment team, Thompson Smith and Puxon is almost unrivalled in the local market place for its ability to defend employees accused of breaching restrictive covenants in their contracts of employment or to advise senior individuals on their ability to compete against their former employer.
We should be consulted if you need assistance in defining or enforcing your legal rights at work and are happy to speak to individuals to discuss how we can help before formalising a Lawyer:Client relationship. We can assist with the following, and more;
- Negotiating mutually agreed exit terms
- Advising on settlement agreements
- Advising on your rights in an Employment Tribunal or recovering outstanding pay, holiday pay, sick pay etc.
- Defending claims of breach of contract
- Bringing or advancing claims in the Employment Tribunal
- Protecting or enforcing your rights under the Equality Act not to be discriminated against on the grounds of your
- Pregnancy and maternity
- Religion or belief, Sexual Orientation, Marriage or Gender Reassignment
- Protecting or enforcing your rights following making a Protected Disclosure (‘whistleblowing’)
- Advising you further to breaches of health and safety at work
- Advising on contractual restrictions and, defending applications for injunctive relief designed to prevent you from competing with your former employer
- Reviewing a judgment from the Employment Tribunal with a view to brining an appeal in the Employment Appeal Tribunal (note that there is a strict time limit of 42 days to lodge an appeal that must be based on a narrow set of criteria)
Legal 500: In 2021/22 the firm’s Employment Law team was once again ranked Top Tier in Essex. Team leader and Solicitor Jolyon Berry was noted as a Leading Individual in its guide to elite lawyers nationwide.
The Legal 500 said: Thompson Smith and Puxon provides an excellent end-to-end user service to corporate clients on all types of business-critical issues that shape their operations on a day-to-day and long-term basis. Its first-rate practice is led by Jolyon Berry, who is equally adept in contentious and non-contentious employment matters, and is ably supported by Sam Welham and Lisa Dixon. Recent work included assisting clients with policy reviews, whistleblowing claims and discrimination cases.
If you are looking for an Employment Law Solicitor in Colchester or Clacton please do get in touch to find out how we can help you with your employment problem …