During pregnancy and childbirth you have a number of rights as follows:
- Ante-natal care
- Risk Assessments
- Pregnancy related absences
- Compulsory maternity leave
- Ordinary maternity leave and additional maternity leave
- Statutory maternity leave
- Protection against dismissal
- Protection against redundancy
- Protection of long-term prospects
- Breastfeeding on return to work
- Sickness leave
- Flexible working
These are all explained in more detailed on a PDF document which can be downloaded by clicking here.
The information contained on this page is for general information only and does not constitute legal advice. It states the law as of December 2014. We recommend that specific professional advice is obtained on any particular matter. We do not accept responsibility for any loss arising as a result of the use of the information contained in this page.