Colchester and Clacton-based law firm Thompson Smith and Puxon (TSP) is pleased to announce a new addition to the Commercial Property team, Solicitor Kriti Sherchan, who undertakes all types of Commercial Property work.
Kriti, who is Nepalese by birth, moved to Colchester as a young child, when her father first came to the UK with the Gurkhas. As an “army child” she moved a lot during her younger years but finally settled back in Colchester in 2006, attending the Sixth Form College before studying for her degree in English and European Law at the University of Essex. She joined a London law firm, completing her Legal Practice Certificate at the BPP University Law School whilst working there as a paralegal, and then undertook her training contract with them, practising property law following her qualification. She is fluent in Nepalese and Hindi.
Kriti says “In my previous role I worked on a mixture of residential and commercial property transactions but I am very much looking forward to focussing on commercial property work, getting involved in the many varied projects that the team undertakes, and developing long-term relationships, not only with the established and loyal client base that TSP has but also with the professional contacts who play an important role in many land-based transactions.”
Stephen Firmin, Head of Property at TSP, said “We are delighted to welcome Kriti to the Firm. She joins a growing team which we have been developing over the last few years to continue providing a comprehensive offering to the wide range of land owning and business clients the Firm represents, and continues to attract. Kriti has moved to us from a niche London property practice, and so comes with existing talents and experience which will fit in very well with our developing practice.”
The TSP Commercial property team has extensive technical expertise in the handling of commercial and agricultural land and property acquisitions, disposals and related development transactions such as option and pre-emption agreements. Areas of expertise include:
- Acquisition and disposal of all types of freehold and leasehold property for trading and / or investment
- Property development (including site acquisition, option and pre-emption agreements, planning issues, joint venture and other ownership structures, disposals)
- Grants and disposals of leases in all sectors, including mining and mineral leasing transactions
- Commercial mortgages and other secured finance arrangements including property based financing of corporate transactions
- General property ownership and management issues (including easements, overage arrangements, ownership structures, compulsory purchase, property management documentation)