In matrimonial or civil partnership dissolution proceedings the court has the power to order property (usually the former matrimonial home but can relate to any property) to be transferred from one party to the other (including property held in the parties’ joint names), for the ownership shares to be adjusted and for a property to be sold, including provision for distribution of the sale proceeds.