If you are buying a leasehold property you will need to serve the Landlord (freeholder) or Management Company with a notice of transfer officially notifying them that the ownership of the property has transferred to you.

This needs to be done so that they have the correct details for the payment of the service charge and ground rent. Your solicitor will prepare and serve this notice as part of the legal work that they undertake on your behalf however the Landlord or Management Company will often charge you a fee for updating their records.

This fee is set by the Landlord / Management Company.  Your solicitor will pass this fee directly to you.