In cases where the financial arrangements are agreed between the parties involved in divorce or dissolution proceedings, a Consent Order should be drawn up recording the agreement reached and setting out how both parties’ financial claims against one another have been settled. The Consent Order must be signed and lodged at court for approval. Where agreement is reached during contested financial proceedings it is possible to lodge a Consent Order at court at any time before a Final Hearing. If there are no financial proceedings underway then a Consent Order can be lodged at court for approval anytime after the decree nisi/conditional dissolution order has been made.