TSP’s Head of Family law, solicitor Marcus Price, recently joined Dream 100’s Murf (Joanthan Murphy) to discuss Family Law, Marriage and Divorce. Marcus, who has more than 30 years’ experience as a Family Law solicitor, is a Law Society Family panel member and a Resolution accredited specialist.
In the first part of a 3 part series, Marcus and Murf chat about:
- What is Family Law?
- Does the law differ for same sex relationships?
- Relationship breakdown: the options that can help you avoid a dispute
- How to deal with a relationship breakdown: mediation, collaborative law, arbitration and court proceedings
- How unmarried couples are affected by the law – parental responsibility, property issues
In part 2, Marcus explains pre-nuptial agreements and divorce in further detail:
- The role of a Family solicitor
- Pre-nuptial agreements – are they recognised by the law?
- Can agreements be changed after they have been signed?
- The fairness of pre-nuptial agreement
- The legal procedure for divorce
- What can make a divorce more complicated? Disputes over
- Arrangements for children
- Property and finance
Part 3 consists of Murf and Marcus discussing:
- Why mediation is important in a divorce
- How mediation can help when going through a divorce with children
- Choosing a solicitor
If you have a Family matter that you would like to discuss with Marcus he can be contacted on email@example.com or +44 (0)1206 217073. Marcus is able to offer a free 15 minute initial telephone chat for prospective clients.