On Wednesday 28 October 2015, TSP Clinical Negligence solicitor, Naomi Eady, joined Dream 100’s Murf (Jonathan Murphy). They chatted frankly about medical negligence claims and the impact they have, not only on the NHS, but also on the individuals and their families who find themselves victims of sub-standard care.
Naomi focuses on medical negligence matters involving women and is active in cases involving breast and gynaecological issues. She is also experienced at assisting and supporting families at inquest.
In Ask the Expert part 1 Naomi chats with Murf about
- The role of a Clinical Negligence solicitor
- The controversy that surrounds medical negligence claims
- Is it right to sue the NHS?
- Where the NHS gets the money to pay victims of negligence
In part 2 they discuss
- An example case and the reason for the particularly high legal fees when the compensation was, by comparison, very small
- What constitutes a clinical negligence claim
- Does everyone that has a claim want to sue?
In part 3 Naomi and Murf talk about
- The different ways a victim of medical negligence can deal with their case
- “Compensation culture”
- One of Naomi’s cases
- A summary of their discussion
- What to do if you think you have been a victim of clinical negligence
If you have experienced any of the types of problem that Naomi talked about with Murf and think that she may be able to help you then please do not hesitate to get in touch. The TSP Clinical Negligence team will be happy to chat through your problem with you, either in person or on the telephone, and this will be completely free of charge. Contact the team here.