Thompson Smith and Puxon is delighted to be registered as a signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant.
The Armed Forces Covenant is a promise to ensure that those who serve or who have served in the armed forces, and their families, are treated fairly. The Covenant brings together the government, businesses, local authorities, charities and the public in order to support those who serve.
To register as a signatory of the Armed Forces Covenant we, as a firm, have agreed to uphold a number of key principles. Some of these principles include:
- To ensure no member of the Armed Forces Community should face disadvantage in the provision of public and commercial services compared to any other citizen
- To support the employment of veterans young and old
- To support the employment of Service spouses and partners
- To support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible
- To aim to actively participate in Armed Forces Day
To read more about the principles we have agreed to uphold you can read our signed covenant here.
Thompson Smith and Puxon Director, Jolyon Berry, has signed the pledge on behalf of the firm. Jolyon recognises the benefits for military personnel and their families, for Thompson Smith and Puxon and for our community as a whole. Before he qualified as a solicitor, Jolyon himself served in the British Army as an officer in the Royal Tank Regiment.
Jolyon said “As a former soldier and still closely connected with my old regiment, I understand the importance of supporting our men and women in service and their families, in whatever way we can. I am delighted that Thompson Smith and Puxon can officially pledge its support and show our local Garrison community that we are an Armed Forces friendly company.”
Our Colchester office is located in the former Royal Artillery Barracks of the Colchester Garrison which was subsequently renamed the Le Cateau Barracks. We are located a two minute drive from the Merville Barracks making us ideally located to support the local Garrison Community.You can find out more about the Armed Forces Covenant scheme here.