Thompson Smith and Puxon recently celebrated 10 years at their beautiful offices at Stable 6 in Colchester. Staff past and present, as well as friends, contacts and neighbours of the firm marked the occasion with an evening drinks reception.
Reflecting on the move to Stable 6 back in 2013, Head of Corporate and Commercial Mary Anne Fedeyko commented:
“We are extremely lucky to work in such a superb office. The building itself originally housed the Royal Artillery more than 130 years ago and still retains many of its original features, but has also been elegantly renovated and modernised. In that respect it reflects who we are as a firm – we’ve combined the traditional values of our firm with a modern and commercial way of working”.
Thompson Smith and Puxon’s heritage can be traced back to 1879 with founding partner Edward Thompson Smith starting the practice then and being joined by Peter Puxon some years later. Originally housed at 4 North Hill, the firm decided it was time to move in 2013, having outgrown the property and the various other offices it was by then occupying. Since the move ten years ago, the firm has doubled in size and now more than fills the space at Stable 6. Speaking about the office location, Mary Anne added:
“In finding new offices it was important to us that we felt connected to the heart of Colchester and that we retained the connection with the firm’s long-standing history. Stable 6, a Grade 2 Listed building, with plenty of parking and an easy walk into town, has been the ideal office for us and our clients; its history, being built in the 1870‘s, resonates perfectly with our own start in 1879. We are thrilled to have such a great place to work and to be such an accessible practice for our clients.”
As well as the office at Stable 6, Thompson Smith and Puxon also has an office in Clacton on Sea. Both offices provide an ideal base for servicing clients in Colchester, Clacton, across Essex, Suffolk and East Anglia.