This sounds like a claim under section 42 of the Leasehold Reform Housing and Urban Development Act 1993.  There are very strict rules, deadlines and time limits to follow.  You should get the advice of a solicitor who specialises in statutory lease extensions.  Your solicitor will be able to tell you if the notice is valid and what you have to do.