If you were in an road accident that was caused by someone that failed to stop at the scene or if they were not insured then you still may be able to make a claim. If you had an accident with an untraced motorist then you may be able to make a claim against the Motor Insurers Bureau (MIB) under the Untraced Drivers Agreement. If you are claiming for personal injury compensation from the MIB then you must have reported the accident to the police promptly.