We have extensive experience in advising businesses and their owners on their equity funding requirements. From early-stage investments and subsequent fundraisings to management buy-in and buy-outs or share or asset disposals we have the expertise to guide clients through the issues that arise, always keeping in mind the commercial drivers for the transaction.
We also advise businesses on providing a structure for collaboration to share resources, risk and ultimately profits. Whether this be by way of a partnership, contractual cooperation, LLP or a joint venture company structure, on either a fixed term or open-ended basis, we provide tailored commercial advice to allow clients to structure their joint ventures to suit their needs.
In particular we advise on:
- Formulation and dissolutions of and exits from partnerships, including corporate partnerships
- Protection of the interests of participants with different levels of participation and equity and financial interest
- Protection of any resource and intellectual property contributed by participants and developed in the joint venture in the future
- Procedures for resolving defaults and disputes
- Exit planning
- Advising UK based engineering contractor on a joint venture for the delivery of a large nationwide contract
- Advising a start-up company with production and distribution rights for the adaption of a best-selling UK book into a television series on seed investment from a member of investment under the See Enterprise Scheme
- Advising leading agricultural supplier of produce in supermarkets and other retailers in connection with a joint venture arrangement with a European partner
- Advising professional services firm on exit arrangements from a corporate partnership
- Advising on the transfer of an LLP member’s share in a professional partnership in tranches over a period of several years
- Advising a professional services firm on the exit arrangements of a number of partners